Thursday, November 18, 2010

9 DAYS!!!

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been blogging so much. You know me...
The last couple months have been pretty wild. I've been doing quite a bit for Op Smile and preparing for my mission, so I'll inform all of you guys about it now!
Item #1 - Op Smile - Herriman
So I had the opportunity to attend an Operation Smile meeting at Herriman High School. My man Daniel Poot started the club all on his own! I was the first person to tell him about Op Smile, and now he's the president of his own club! I'm so proud of him! The meeting was AWESOME! I was so surprised at the turnout! Driving home, I really was just so happy I went to it. Dan is the MAN! If any of you guys know him, give him a hi-5 for his efforts! He really inspires me so much, and he's one of the reasons I love Operation Smile!
Item #2 - The John Lefler concert
So I think a lot of you have heard about this one. On October 22nd, John Lefler of Dashboard Confessional and John Allred played in a benefit concert for Operation Smile over at Davis High School. I talked to John about it on Twitter, and he agreed to play it. Too bad that was in July of LAST YEAR. The whole concert idea somewhat died down, and so I'd forgotten about it. Then, all of the sudden, this year in August, John messaged me on Facebook and told me that he wanted to do the concert still! So me, Michelle Smith (my lifesaver), and mainly, Amy Lloyd, really jumped on him playing. We booked it for Davis High, and Allred, a popular local band, agreed to play as well. I feel kinda bad, because I got all the credit for it, being on the news and in the newspaper and such. But I owe it all to peeps like Lisa Adachi, Michelle Smith, Amy Lloyd, and of course, John Lefler! They took care of it all for me, but I was the one who ended up on the news. It was a lot of fun! We had a really nice turnout, raising over $850!!! That's 3 new smiles that I'll get to see when I'm in India. I am so blessed to be able to participate in Operation Smile and see miracles happen like this. Thanks to all who came! Here's the link to the interview by Standard Examiner - http://www.standard.net/topics/dashboard-confessional/2010/10/13/dashboard-singer-do-kaysville-benefit-concert and here's the one from ksl - http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12917395
Item #3 - INDIA!!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. India is in 9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!asksbjds
I am freaking out (in a good way). I can't believe it is this soon. It seems like just yesterday I was making my paper chain in Ms. Waite's room, and it draped on the floor so far that we had to tape it up two different times. Now, it is almost gone. I am seriously in disbelief. I'm SO excited though! Ever since I found out I was going to Guwahati, I have been the most excited I ever have been in my whole life. Now it's next week. NEXT WEEK. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. But I know it'll all be great! I will be doing a toy drive at my school. If you want to know what to bring, feel free to ask me! Thanks so much to everyone!
Item #4 - Kyle Sevel
So I'm lucky enough to go to India with the coolest student partner of all time! Kyle and I were next-door neighbors at Mission Training, and we bonded very well! I was so excited when we were picked to go on our mission together (okay, I was kinda nervous, but that was only because they called us LAST!). But luckily, you guys get to meet Kyle too! We both agreed that it would be cool if we shared a blog, and so now this will be Dawson's and Kyle's blog! We will both blog at night and tell stories about the day, and you will get to see both of our experiences! And you guys better be checking every night ;)

Thanks so much for reading everyone! That's what's been going on in my life for the last couple months! Have a good day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment