Sunday, November 21, 2010

Less Than One Week Away!!!

Hey Everyone!
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kyle Sevel. I'm a 16 year old from Weston, FL, and in less than a week, about 100 medical professionals, my awesome mission partner Dawson, our amazing adult sponsor Lisa, and myself will be traveling half way across the world to Guwahati, India to be a part of a medical mission to transform the lives of less fortunate children. As Dawson said, our rooms were right next to each other at Mission Training, and it is so great that I am going with him - I could not have asked for a better mission partner to go through this experience with! Over the past few months, I have been preparing for our mission to India, getting donations of toys and toothbrushes, as well as working on our presentations. As Dawson said, our main goal is to EDUCATE, EDUCATE, and EDUCATE. We have four teaching modules which we will be presenting to the patients and their families: Dental Hygiene, Burn Care and Prevention, Oral Rehydration Therapy (ORT), and Nutrition. We will also be playing with and comforting the children before and after surgery, and we will even have the opportunity to observe surgery! If you have any questions at all, you can comment on the post and I'll be more than happy to answer them!

On a different note, my school will also be holding a fundraiser to raise money and awareness for Operation Smile. Save the date on your calendars for The North Broward Preparatory School Operation Smile Club's Walk-a-Thon on Saturday, March 26, 2011! Registration for the walk is $15 and will include a T-shirt for participants as well as food, drinks, music, and entertainment!!!

Well, that's all for now...I will try and give another update before we leave. Keep checking back!

Kyle




No comments:

Post a Comment