Tuesday, December 7, 2010

7th December (Dawson)

Wow!!! What a day. Tired would be a good way to describe my current state. But hey, no complaining! I'm having the time of my life, who has time to sleep? :P
As soon as we got to the hospital, I found a new patient that I could follow, and Chris and I threw the ball with him for a long time. We got quite a few good pictures, and a big crowd came over and played with us! He was tons of fun, and I'll upload some pictures later (I always say that though.) Then we played a lot in child life, and then it was time to go to the school. There was a bit of confusion over whether or not Chris was going to be able to go, but thanks to the amazing Alison Bradshaw, we got to go to an Indian school! I had seriously SO MUCH fun! The kids are really cute and were so polite! The first group we went to were kids about 7 or 8. We gave them presentations about dental hygeine and gave all of them toothbrushes. Afterwards, the kids all wanted to get my autograph! Wow! The rock star treatment felt great ;) Then we went to an older class, where we gave a presentation on oral rehydration therapy and on burn control. Afterwards, we did something that was cool for me, and we asked them if they had any questions about American culture and how things worked. We had a lot of cool questions asked, and it was interesting to hear their perspective on things. After this, the principal of the school invited us to her office to have tea, and then we were on our way! We stopped at a book store, and I got a very... interesting book? Ask me later ;) Then we went to our favorite little bakery and got cake for the whole team! And of course, I got something for my favorite recovery room nurses ;) After all that, we kind of kicked back and hung out in Post Op for the rest of the day! I am getting some amazing stories from all of these people over here! Keep reading guys, only one more day!! Tomorrow is the last day of surgery, and we're gonna party alllll niiiiighhhhttt looonggg!!! Anyways, off to bed... night everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww you're famous!!! You're like their own personal superman! You're so great! :) Have an amazing last day of that tomorrow... today? Something like that :)

    ReplyDelete