Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3rd (Dawson)

What a wonderful day today! Today was our off day, so we went to a Rhinoserous (?) Sanctuary! Everyone was complaining about it, but I thought it would be a good time, and hey, I was right!
This morning was uneventful. I had an omelete, so woohoo! Then Chris, Janani, Subi, and I sat on the 2 hour bus ride together. I cannot even describe to you the speed bumps here in India! Chris practically hit his head on the ceiling, I think I broke my thumb, Janani fell out of her seat onto the ground, but Subi was unaffected. Probably because she is about 3 feet tall. Then we got there, and we all paid 400 Rupees to get in (almost $10), while all the Indians only had to pay about 50 Rupees. I'm just not gonna talk about that... We all got on a Jeep, and the safari began! To tell you guys the truth, the rhinos weren't that exciting. But I'll tell you what was... THE ELEPHANT!!!! AHHH I SO TOTALLY THOUGHT OF YOU REBEKAH!!! Too bad I didn't get a picture of that... Oh well. Gotta love broken cameras :( Afterwards, we walked around and played by the river. I played criquet for the first time, and I was pretty dang good at it. I got 6 runs (the equivalent of a homerun) and I bowled someone out (the equivalent of a strikeout). Not bad for my first time! ;)
After lunch, we all went back to the hotel, and we had a big team meeting! This instantly became a huge ninja game between us and the students. With Chris sitting right next to me, I have to say... I was totally the champion of ninja. Yup. No denying that. :) The meeting wasn't too exciting, but dinner was incredible today, and ice cream + cake was excellent as well. Until next time................. (Chris has to get on Facebook)... Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :))))))))) I knew you'd see one eventually! Baylee and I decided that Cheetah Girls totally led everyone wrong by riding the elephants that roam India in their movie. But HEY! There ya go! :) You really sound like you're having lots of fun, which makes me uber happy! I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete